Sunday, June 13, 2010

Summer Weekend

We have had a busy weekend! My camera was never where I needed it, so I don't have any pictures to post, but I have a few stories.

Trevor had a big baseball game Saturday afternoon. It was the first game of their end-of-season tournament. He had a hit each time he was up to bat (2 huge ones into center field). He scored 2 runs and caught a fly ball at 2nd base for an out. The game got very exciting at the end, and the Rockies barely pulled it out. Trevor got his 4th game ball of the season for his hard work. Now they play again on Monday night and if they win, they will be in the championship game on Thursday night.

After the game, Rachael and I were out shopping and we met my blogging idol -- the person who inspired me to start this blog. Her name is Kelly and she lives in Bentonville. I don't remember how I even found her blog, but I love to read it. She has a 1-year-old daughter and she is just so sweet and genuine -- I love reading her posts. She started her blog as a way to "scrapbook" for her daughter and now has thousands of followers. (I don't aspire to that, just hope the family enjoys it.) She was very gracious when I chased her down in a parking lot!

Today after church we headed for the lake and met Chris and Kate for them to scuba with David. They are doing some "refresher" dives to get ready for their honeymoon in Mexico later this summer. It was a long boat ride up to the dam to meet them, and the water felt great after being in the hot sun. Then we got rained on, but we outran the storm. If you don't know it, Swansons are famous for being caught on the lake in thunderstorms!

Big week coming up -- Trevor is going to church camp for the first time on Wednesday - Saturday. He is excited and a little nervous. He will be about an hour away in Oklahoma. He will be in a cabin with some friends, and I know he will have a great time.

Hope your week gets off to a good start tomorrow. I'll try to take more pictures for my next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment